Monday, March 31, 2014

Jewish and Chinese Memory of Trauma

 hey y'all,
At kvutza seminar I mentioned that I was taking a class on Jewish Experience in China and as part of that course we have been discussing in depth the concept of cultural memory from both the Chinese and Jewish sides. In the spirit of bringing this part of my current life into the kvutza fold, I'd like to share with you all this essay my Professor wrote on looking at the holocaust and the Nanjing massacre. I find it super interesting, and it also ties in with what some people in the kvutza have been doing in relation to a Shoah choveret. so here is the link, I'm probably violating a copyright law doing this, that's true love: file:///Users/afriedland/Downloads/eres_0712093344_001_1.pdf  . Hopefully the link works <3 you all, Av'H,
Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment